Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

A word of appreciation - Awesome blogger!

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well - Voltaire.

Appreciation is always married, in fact very happily, to motivation. A word of appreciation, to an aspiring person, is like millions of ways towards perfection. The one who appreciates will, and must, deserve utmost gratitude. Voltaire is true.

Alka Narula is one such graceful person who appreciated my work in the bloggers world. She has bestowed upon me an award, Awesome blogger award, which is equal to an Oscar, for me. I am a beginner when compared to some of the indomitable writers. I knew her through Indiblogger, one of the most suitable forums for bloggers.


I thank you for your noble gesture Alka. You have been an inspiration. Thanks a lot. This award means a lot to me and i hope to live up to expectations.

As per the rules for accepting this award, i have to do this:
  • Thank the person who conferred this award to me
  • Share 7 things about me (the most difficult part)
  • Pass the award to 15 newly discovered great bloggers ( Alka, can i change this rule? Next person can present this award to any number of bloggers he/she would like to. You must know it better how difficult it is to select only a few. Every blogger deserves this. Do you agree?)
  • Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
I hope i have done justice to the first obligation, of thanking the person. Let me come to the most difficult part of sharing few things about me.  
  1. I am an introvert. It takes a lot of time for me to get along with a new person i meet, particularly girls. It literally took me three months to start a conversation with a girl travelling along with me, every day in my office cab. Please don't laugh.
  2. On the contrary, I am very jovial person. Peep into my facebook profile, you will come to know.
  3. I am single. (hehehehe I am finding it difficult to write a few things about me, already)
  4. I love to drive. Enjoy long drives with friends
  5. I love playing cricket. It doesn't mean i play only cricket, i do play lot of other sports too. (two more to go...huh)
  6. I adore my Blog (needless to say though)
  7. I don't like a lot of things about me (For obvious reasons, i cannot disclose those things)
Oh that was pretty tough. It is time now for me to pass on the prestigious award to the people who deserve and are far more worthy than i am. It is an honor for me to pass this on. And the award goes to:
Thank god, i am done. It is very hard to select fifteen out those fifty plus bloggers i know. Rule number two is changed.

All readers are bloggers' inspiration to come up with something new. I hope it continues. Thanks a lot. Happy reading.

38 comments:

  1. Thank you very much mentioning my blog in the award list. And the things you mentioned about yourself, i think we share the first point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arun, pleasure is all mine. I enjoy reading your reviews and i believe i am lucky to have found your blog.

      We have to overcome that first point :)

      Delete
    2. Congrts Mak.. and well done..I know how true and tough it is for you to start a conversation (to me it all started when you borrowed a pen for your chess competetion five years back)fresh n cheerful memories..

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot Echu..yeah very cheerful memories.

      Delete
  2. Mak, congratulations!! Beautiful starting words and very humble post.
    Humm...three months to start conversation with a girl sitting in same cab? I did laugh..but don't worry nothing wrong in it...I bet now you must be very talkative with her and that girl must be very delighted to talk to you. :)

    I have missed your few previous posts..I will visit soon...Thanks for leaving note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usha, thank you so much and welcome here once again. You are one among many deserving bloggers whom i have left out, my apologies.

      You might have to laugh again to know that most of the times i used to sit next to her, like a statue. We did talk after that and we were good friends. She has quit our company now.

      Please keep visiting Usha. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. thanks for the award and congrats on getting one :) yes, Voltaire said it well

    hehehe i could see what a struggle it has been for you to write about yourself! are you by any chance an aquarian? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaaha ..no Sujatha. :)

    Thank you for noticing my struggle.

    My pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u so much Mak. i am honored by your gesture.

    like those 7 things about u. even i m an introvert person.

    the link which u pasted on my comment form is incorrect :D.

    btw, it looks like a different kind of an award. awesome blogger, wow. this is cool. thanx again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure is mine Deb. I believe you deserve many more of these.

      I am sorry about wrong link.

      Blogging is one thing which is helping me come out my introvert-ism :) i hope the word is right.

      Delete
  6. Thank u so much, Mak!! Truly honored! I promise to get back to blogging soon. Trying to juggle quite a few things together in life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Mangala. You deserve it. I understand your peiorities. Thanks for assuring. Hope to see you back soon. All the best.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. My honor Ajeya. You are one of my mentors. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  8. aaaahhh...Now I guess I'm going to die of shock...*a heart attack*... :O

    haha...lolzz...thank you so much MAK...thanks a lot for the honor... :)

    PS: for some of the points about yourself...you escaped beautifully... :P
    but for the 7th point...cheer up man...there is whole world behind you to dislike and hate your qualities...why to waste our time on it... :P
    just kidding...everyone dislikes something in themselves and its important for self improvement... :)
    nice to know about you... :)

    ****please remove this word verification...it becomes really hard to comment... :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarab, my intention was not to give you any shock :). Your haiku posts are so amazing. I admire your blog. Great work.

      AS you have pointed out, is is very imoportant for self improvement. I take your advice on not wasting my time :)

      First thing i will do after posting this comment is to remove word verification. Valid point Sarabjeet. Keep visiting sir.

      Delete
  9. Thanks Mak :)) It always feels nice to be appreciated by fellow bloggers. Will do this post as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for the award Mak and and I am really glad that u think I deserve this award.. It really means a lot to me.. Thank u so much Mak:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonia. I believe you deserve this and many more awards. Keep it rolling.

      Delete
  11. Congrats Mak. You deserve this. Not only you, I also adore your blog.
    Thanks for considering me fit enough for this award. I hope I will try and be worthy of this.
    Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valady sir, i have no words to express my excitement. I am honored to hear that you adore my blog. So kind of you sir. Thanks a lot.
      I am very much sure that you are worthy of much more than this. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  12. congrats Mak...
    www.rajnishonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, apologies for being late here.

    Congratulations Mak!! You so deserve the 'Awesome Blogger' Award and I wish you many more of these! Thank you for including me in the list. It is surely an honor to be receiving an award from you :) I highly appreciate the gesture! And I am a big introvert too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your late arrival is pardoned Arti :) for praising me in your comment. Thanks a lot.

      You have one of the beautiful blogs. You definitely deserved this award. Keep taking us with you on virtual tours :) i enjoy reading your travelogue.

      Delete
  14. Hey Maksood,
    Thanks a lot for the mention :)
    Keep blogging,
    Cheers,

    Warm regards,
    Abu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot Neha. Welcome here

    ReplyDelete